Author Topic: Enhanced Request System  (Read 21 times)

Offline fusionhq

• Administrator
    • Fusion109 Radio Network
Enhanced Request System
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:51:05 pm »
We use a generic requesting system by one of our "out-of-the-box" solutions. It does the job, but it doesn't allow for "per user" limits and or IP filtering. But before you think its completely unprotected (if you are a hacking type), I can ban IP addresses.  What I would like to see in the future however is the ability to allow for requests from MORE people and queue them up so that more people can participate in requesting music. I'd also like to see imposed a limit on the number of times a single song can be requested, especially from the same IP address and/or user.

I understand when you can't get a song out of your head and you want to hear it as many times as possible, but its really not what the request system is designed for, not to mention the logs reveal I am dangerously close to playing certain songs TOO MUCH in contradiction with my broadcasting license. The "RadioGhetto" solution I am now working on will help make this system more fair for users, encourage more participation, and finally to get a better balance between requested and scheduled content.

Your comments are welcome below.

FusionHQ
FusionHQ: LIVE from the Canadian Prairies
Hittin' The Heavies 24/7 | http://fusion109.com